Friday, October 07, 2005

A mission for meals


Making dinner is not my favorite thing to do. It's not that I don't like to cook, its the creativity to come up with new things all the time. And I hate the question "what's for dinner, mom" mostly because of the response I get when I tell them. The usual question after I tell them my wonderful plans for dinner is - "Can't we have macaroni instead?".... AAAUUGGHHH!!!

But a wise mother and friend gave me a great idea yesterday. Since you have 5 people in your family, let everyone choose what they want, one night of the week. Why didn't I think of that! So we are going to try it. My middle daughter can have Wednesdays to have her mac and cheese and that will be the end of it! Everyone gets one day assigned to them and they come up with the dinner. WOW, so simple yet such a big thing off my list of things I hate to do! We have two nights open- one is Friday nights and I will get to choose pizza or Chinese, and Sundays where the family can decide as a group.

How about that solution. Why didn't I think of that?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:02 AM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete