Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who needs Teflon anyway?


A green solution to the Teflon issue!
One of my favorite pans had a coating of Teflon on it. I never really thought much about it, and I even heard the comments and discussions about it being dangerous. I just thought it was just another "problem" we were too concerned about. But then the coating started to crack and now it's peeling. Maybe this isn't just another false alarm. So I threw away my favorite pan and went to stainless steel. But I definitely don't want to spend my time scrubbing these new pots. I just want to wash and go. So I worked on a "green" solution.

Here is my green alternative to Teflon:
To remove stuck-on food from pots and pans, just put a few teaspoons of baking soda and some warm water in the pot. Place it on a warm burner and leave for 30 minutes. The grime will come right off! I did this today with burnt egg on my stainless steel pot. Without any effort, the pot is sparkling clean! This also works great for crock pots that have that "burn" line from a day of cooking. You can add a little white vinegar if things are really bad. Who needs Teflon anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment