The best part of being a green cleaning coach is that people share all their green tips with me. Yesterday, my son was pulling weeds out of cracks in our parking lot and Marilyn said "Hey green lady, why aren't you having him use vinegar to kill the weeds?"
Vinegar, on weeds?
Yep, just a spray bottle of white vinegar - sprayed right on the weeds will give you a green weed killer! Wow, how easy is that and it's so safe a 5 year old can do it!
Another safe and fun job for summer :-)
Here are the details of vinegar as a weed killer:
1. Vinegar works best when used in full sun.
2. It won't kill the roots, just the leaves.
3. Use a little dish soap with the vinegar and it will work better.
4. Vinegar can change the pH of the soil.
5. Results are very unpredictable.
So we filled up "little guy's" squirt gun with vinegar and let him go out and kill a few weeds. It worked overnight and it was safe for him and the environment!
I love learning new things!