Saturday, September 19, 2009

Peed Off


Imagine my surprise when I got an email from someone saying my "recipe" in the First for Women magazine worked. I wasn't surprised the recipe - an SOS for a pee soaked mattress - actually worked. It was the fact that I didn't know I was quoted in the magazine! I'm not going to repeat poor Carmela Bellocchio's story - you can read about that yourself on page 111 of the October 5 issue. But I will share the recipe! And, as I said to the author- it's guaranteed to work!


Tactic to fight urine stains and smells:

First, flush the area with water. After 5 minutes, use a wet vac or paper towels to soak up the excess liquid. Next, mix up a neutralizing spray of equal parts white vinegar and water to spritz on the mattress. Allow it to dry, then sprinkle baking soda on the spot. Let it sit overnight, then vacuum it up in the morning. The odor will be gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment