Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Tips from "The Moms"

What can you do to make your home look cleaner than it really is?

I’ve been lucky enough to have two mom’s that have shared their homekeeping tips with me for years. Both my mom and my mom-in-law have very clean homes. Once I had a family of my own with three kids and a dog, I could never figure out how they did it. My home always looked “unkept”. So I went back to both of them and asked for a little advice. Each had some little secrets to keeping their home looking so good.

1. If you only have time for one thing- vacuum the floor. When your floors look clean everything else will look better. Even vacuum the kitchen floor. When you pick up the big dirt, the other stuff will disappear.

2. Try making your bed every day. This is for your mental health, since we usually don’t let guests into our bedrooms. When your bed is made the rest of the room will look better. And there is nothing more relaxing than ending your day in a room that looks clean.




3. Don’t pile your dishes in the sink. Put them directly in the dishwasher. Dirty dishes create negative energy, especially if they are piled up in the sink. If you can train your family to do one thing- make it that they put their dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Try running the dishwasher at night and empty it before you leave for the day. Then no one will have the excuse that the dishwasher was full of clean dishes.

2 comments:

  1. Great tips! I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job and the hit from GMA weekend. I'm not kidding about the referral to the producer. Green cleaning makes kids healthier than the discussion about working moms!

    ReplyDelete