So what do you do when your up 1 and 1/2 hours before a radio interview at 7:00 am and have had too much caffeine? Well, for me the answer was simple. You clean! I know, I'm sick but I had to do something to pass the time. And anyway my house needed it. So in when the laundry, the dishes, and even cleaned up the bathroom! It's amazing what a little caffeine can do for you at 5:30 in the morning!
I'm not going to be worth much after 5:30 pm tonight, so I'll share what we talked about now!
- Rinse your dishes if you aren't going to run the dishwasher right away.
- When stacking the dishwasher, be very careful to not put the pots and pans on the bottom rack as it will block the water flow to the top shelf.
- Use the right dish soap for your water. Everyone has different water so you have to try different soaps. You can add some table salt to the dish soap to give it a boost.
- Don't put your crystal in the dishwasher as it may bump up against something else and chip.
- Use rubber gloves to protect your hands.
- Make sure to use a sink mat to protect the dishes and prevent chipping.
- Rinse the dishes with a nice dish brush if you don't have time to wash them. I like the Full Circle Suds Up Brush.
- Towel dry your dishes with a microfiber drinkware towel. There is a nice one from E-cloth.
- Use a green dish soap, specifically one that is scent free for your guests that may have sensitivities. Martha Stewart's works very well.