Sunday, January 30, 2011

Something Old, Something New - When It Comes To Laundry

Everyone has some little trick to make laundry easier. Here's one I heard this week that I really questioned worked. So I came home and gave it a try. Here is the tip:
Place your wet clothes outside on a sunny day right on top of the snow and it will remove spots and if their white - makes them really white.

That's it! Such a simple tip. Seemed to good to be true so I gave it the ultimate test. My husbands old white bathrobe that should have been thrown out years ago. It's been turning yellow and has spots all over it. So I put it into my front loading washer with just a 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide and let it go through the wash and rinse cycle. Then I put it outside on the snow in the sunniest spot in the yard and left for work. When I came home it was frozen solid. I brought it in and put it in the clothes dryer. When it came out it was "hotel white"!  Not being totally convinced that it had worked - I took it up and put it next to my new white robe and you really can't tell the difference. I don't know the science behind why it works - I just know it works. You've got to try it and let me know if it works for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment