Monday, July 09, 2012

Safe Germ Killers

Bleach is a household cleaning product for one reason. It is very effective in killing that bacteria on your countertops or other surfaces in your home. However, not only is bleach toxic to those micro-invaders but it is also terrible for you and your family, especially when it finds its way from you countertops to your food. There are better, safer ways to protect yourself from salmonella, e-coli, and other scary bacteria. Below is the link to watch part 2 of my 10 part video series to help you get a safer, green cleaning home.

http://www.greencleaningcoach.com/ar/safe-germ-killer

Not only will the tips in this video save you some money as you will be able to use common home ingredients but you will have the added benefit of knowing that the cleaning supplies you are using aren't harming the health of you and your family. The fact that creating your own cleaners can be fast, fun, and easy is just a bonus.

11 comments:

  1. I tried clicking on the link to watch your video and it isn't working :(...but I am really looking forward to learning more once it's up and running :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather! I fixed the link - try it again, I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie,
    Thanks for fixing the link. I watched the video and I really like this recipe. I like natural cleaning products AND I like things that aren't spendy. This is perfect. I can't wait for the "bucket-less" floor cleaning video :) :) My kitchen floor really needs some cleaning, so I'll implement that one right away :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it worked. Thanks for letting me know. If you go to www.greencleaningcoach.com and sign up for the emails you'll get all 10 videos and lots of tips!! Happy cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy I found this blog! I try and hire someone at least once a year to do a major house cleaning but obviously I do a lot of work in between. Any information about that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Addypotter!
      Did you sign up for the free video series? It has 10 different videos that will show you all kinds of cleaning tips - we want you to clean smarter-not harder!

      Delete
  6. o glad it worked. Thanks for letting me know. If you go to www.greencleaningcoach.com and sign up for the emails you'll get all 10 videos and lots of tips!! Happy cleaning!
    cleaning rag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the cleaning tips.Whenever you use a certain flooring it is necessary that you know how to maintain the same and according to the suitability of the texture .

    Professional Cleaning Services

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:43 PM

    HI Leslie,

    Thanks for the tips. I get a little wary about making my own disinfectants, but also share your concern about whats left behind. Until I found this product Vital Oxide which has no rinse required for food contact surfaces E.G your kitchen and has no odor.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for publishing this post!! I like your germ killing method it’s very easy and useful. Now day’s green cleaning is very important for the safety of our health. Home remedied does not harm it is very safe to use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice video, thanks for sharing! I have always avoided to use bleach at home, and I am keen on trying some home-made disinfectants.

    ReplyDelete